External Referral Program: Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. By submitting a candidate for referral, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
I. The Program
The External Referral Program offers a one-time referral bonus payment to anyone not already affiliated with Preting. See specific eligibility requirements below. Individuals not affiliated with Preting can help Preting attract, hire, and retain qualified individuals for eligible vacancies.
To receive a Preting External Referral Program bonus, you must be an individual person (i.e., not a business entity) and a legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age.
The following people/entities are not eligible to participate in this program:
• Current Preting employees and their immediate family members
• Staffing/recruiting agencies or consultants, or any employee or consultant of a third-party to whom Preting is contractually obligated to pay a fee for the hiring of an individual referred by, or working for, such third-party
You are not eligible for an external referral payment if the candidate you refer is a:
• Candidate who has already been referred
• Current applicant to Preting (and/or if he or she has applied to Preting within the last 12 months)
• Recent or current Preting contractor, temporary worker, payrollee, or consultant
• Provider of services to Preting (if they have provided services to Preting in the last 12 months)
• Former Preting employee
• Family member of a current Preting employee
III. Payment Terms
If you are eligible to participate in the program, Preting shall pay you a one-time external
referral payment in the amount of $1,500 (gross) for a referral, if the referral results in a
successful, regular full-time hire, and such referred employee:
• Acknowledges he or she was referred by you
• Completes 90 days of continuous, active employment with Preting
• Is in good performance standing at the end of such 90-day period
• Is actively employed by Preting at the time the external referral bonus is to be paid
• Was hired against an external referral program eligible position
If the referral is successfully hired by Preting, you must complete and return to Preting an IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that Preting may require) in order to receive the referral bonus. This form will be supplied to the referrer by Preting once the referred candidate has started employment with Preting. Preting will process the external referral bonus within 30 days after the referred employee completes the 90 days of employment mentioned above and when the required paperwork has been submitted. Payments will be made on a 1099 basis and paid by company check from Preting.
IV. Process to refer candidates
Referral information will be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals submitted any other way, that do not include all of the required information, or that are not properly identified will not be eligible for this program. To be eligible for an external referral bonus, you must provide the following at the time of your initial submission:
• Your name and contact information (phone number and email address)
• The potential candidate’s full name
• The potential candidate’s contact information (phone number and email address)
• Your relationship to the potential candidate
• The name of the position to which you are referring the potential candidate
• The reason(s) the potential candidate is qualified for the position
• The potential candidate’s resume
Note: One candidate per submission. If the referred candidate appears to be a match, we will contact him or her. The referred person must acknowledge that you referred him or her, and then we will ask him or her to apply online through the Preting careers website.
V. Tax Liability
External referral bonuses are paid pre-tax from Preting. You are solely responsible for paying appropriate state and federal taxes on any payment received. Preting will report referral payments to the appropriate tax authorities.
VI. Additional information, rules, and guidelines
1. Positions qualified for the Preting external referral bonus program are listed on the Preting Careers webpage: www.preting.com/careers
2. In the event that more than one external person refers the same candidate and such
candidate is hired by Preting, the external referral bonus will be awarded to the first referrer based on the time stamp of the submission. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time you make a referral to participate.
3. You must reside in the United States and have a valid social security number to participate.
4. This external referral program is effective a January 1-December 31, 2018. Referrals must be submitted by December 31, 2018 and hired no later than June 30, 2019 to qualify the referrer for the bonus payment. The terms and conditions of this external referral bonus program are subject to change or termination at any time and at Preting’s sole discretion.
5. This agreement is governed by Virginia law and you agree that all disputes regarding the
Program shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration in Alexandria, Virginia.
6. You agree that Preting’s total liability under this agreement for any cause of action relating to the subject matter of this agreement (regardless of the nature of such claim) is the lesser of your actual, direct damages or $1500.
7. Please email email@example.com with any questions. By submitting a referral, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined by this program.
Preting is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status, and consistent with applicable federal and state laws.