The position will assist our client in coordinating and facilitating operations analytical support within the client’s requirements and technology development directorate.
Major responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Lead research and development aspects for system-of-systems integration.
- Assist through liaison with promoting the client’s equities in Service Programs of Records acquisition, testing, assessment, and fielding of added capabilities which benefit the joint community.
- Research, identify, assess, and provide analysis and recommendations on requirements, engineering, and interoperability aspects of command, control, and communications systems, architectures, and processes which have personnel recovery equities, at the tactical and operational levels.
- Lead for joint coordinated implementation projects and studies to include assisting Service Program Offices with analysis-of-alternatives products to ensure joint equities are addressed.
- Facilitate technical exchange meetings to develop solutions for known personnel recovery command, control, and communications gaps in order to resolve joint technical issues.
- Attend test and exercise planning meetings to ensure key joint performance objectives are met in the best manner.
- Develop new and innovative approaches, methodologies, or techniques, as well as to be able to define and direct challenging projects, programs, and activities.
- Share responsibility for the performance of programs and projects that frequently affect more than one unit or directorate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or eight years of Personnel Recovery operational experience or strategic planning with the Joint Staff/CCMD.
- Experience associated with the Personnel Recovery mission area.
- Familiarity with DOD Program Management office activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong skills in the management, organization, and presentation of collected data.
- Ability to provide operations analysis for highly complex and challenging activities under the minimal direction of a manager or executive.
- Analytical and requirements experience identifying and assessing joint military capability needs.
- Military experience.
- Service Headquarters, Joint Staff, or Combatant Command Headquarters or similar experience.
- Familiarity or experience with the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System process.
- Acquisition program management training, experience, or certification desired.
- Familiarity and experience with the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution System.
- Strong skills in application of Microsoft Office software.
- Position may require occasional work on a non-standard schedule, to include extended duty days/shift work, including on weekends, and some holidays.
- In accordance with Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2, travel by regularly-scheduled passenger military or commercial aircraft in performance of TDY may be required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must have a current Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.