|Job Title: Recruiter
Location : Alexandria, VA/ Remote
Security Clearance: N/A (Can maintain existing clearance)
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking an experienced recruiter to join Team Preting. Prior military experience is preferred and experience working in the Federal Government contracting industry along with strong organizational and communication skills are a must. This position requires a combination of remote and on-site work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a large work-load while managing multiple concurrent searches.
- Developing prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing assessment/screening.
- Work with hiring managers to determine requirements for open positions (contract positions, overhead positions, and for proposal activities).
- Schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, and collect and manage all required interview and candidate documents.
- Create job descriptions.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Demonstrated experience using LinkedIn Recruiter, Twitter, and other social media platforms for sourcing/identifying potential candidates.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in online venues with professional organizations, college job boards, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the internet for recruitment. –Post positions to appropriate Internet sources. –Improve the company website recruiting section to assist in recruiting. –Research new ways of using the internet for recruitment. –Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Schedule interviews between candidate and hiring managers.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in Preting’s CRM.
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Attend recruitment events, job fairs, trade shows and networking events with the purpose of sourcing candidates and gathering industry and competitor staffing market intelligence.
- Networking both externally and internally.
- Maintain accurate records and develop spreadsheets to track activity.
- Willing and able to keep checklists and complete tasks on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of professionalism in email and phone messaging.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather, analyze and report information skillfully.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Willingness to work remotely as well as on-site as requested by program managers.
- Experience supporting the Federal Government or with another contract position.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
Preferred, but not required:
- Prior military experience (understand DOD processes, acronyms, and structures).
- Bachelor’s degree (technical, HR, or management preferred).
- Experience recruiting or working with personnel with security clearances (up to and including poly).
- Experience candidate sourcing and relationship building for positions within the Intelligence Community.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference checks, etc.).
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision plans, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, FSA program, Life insurance, and disability plans. If you enjoy working with bright, highly motivated people who are dedicated to excellence, please apply today!