All Source Counter Terrorism Analyst – Junior
Preting seeks qualified individuals to support security classification and declassification reviews in preparation for habeas litigation and legal proceedings.
Review classified information in support of a detainee litigation process to identify all information that is classified and the level of classification. Make recommendations for classification and declassification decisions on behalf of the classification authority and its representatives. Coordinate classification and declassification equities with other DoD and national level agencies, Military Departments, and Combatant Commands in a fast-paced interagency environment. Support the production of documents in preparation for litigation. Prepare summaries of information that cannot be declassified.
- Knowledgeable of and demonstrates ability to apply IC and DoD classification guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use logic and systematic approaches to gather, evaluate, and synthesize multiple sources of information.
- Demonstrates ability to work semi-independently with oversight and direction.
- Demonstrates ability to use logic when evaluating and synthesizing multiple sources of information. Demonstrates ability interpreting analysis to include, but is not limite to, its meaning, importance, and implications. Demonstrates ability to defend analytic judgements with sound, logical conclusions and adapt analytic judgments when presented with new information, evolving conditions, or unexpected developments.
- Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise analytic reports, documents, assessments, studies, and briefing materials in formats including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic/ soft copy matrices and I or web-enabled formats.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex issues clearly in a concise and organized manner both verbally and non-verbally; with strong grammar skills. Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrates ability to develop structured research including, but not limited to, obtaining, evaluating, organizing, and maintaining information within security and data protocols. Demonstrates ability to recognize nuances and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in information.
- Desired Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience relevant all source analysis experience with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
- Desired Education: Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. An additional 4 years of direct experience, for a total of 7 years of experience in the specific labor category, may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Location: Arlington VA
Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph