All Source Counter Terrorism Analyst – Research Lead
Preting seeks qualified individuals to support security classification and declassification reviews in preparation for habeas litigation and legal proceedings.
Review classified information in support of a detainee litigation process to identify all information that is classified and the level of classification. Make recommendations for classification and declassification decisions on behalf of the classification authority and its representatives. Coordinate classification and declassification equities with other DoD and national level agencies, Military Departments, and Combatant Commands in a fast-paced interagency environment. Support the production of documents in preparation for litigation. Prepare summaries of information that cannot be declassified.
Conduct open source research to ensure classification reviews are informed by and consistent with official public releases of DoD information equities. The research lead further serves as subject matter expert for research for detainee-related information impacting mission tasking.
- Demonstrates comprehensive mission knowledge and skills that affirms completion of all developmental training and experiences for the labor category.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate understanding from information that may be incomplete, indirect, highly complex, seemingly unrelated, and / or technically advanced. Structures analytic questions based on trends in reporting and a range of analytic perspectives from other analysts, organizations, and intelligence discipline
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal oversight and direction. Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work with other IC members on information sharing, driving collection, and addressing analytic disputes and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to develop concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence.
- Demonstrates ability to guide teams in researching multifaceted or critical problems.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Desired Experience: Minimum 12 years of experience related to all source analysis with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
- Desired Education: Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related senior experience, for a total of 17 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree.
Location: Arlington VA
Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph